Friday, March 4, 2011

Andrew Kemp

"Hi there Geniaus,

I see we share a common interest in the Westbrook line. Have we conversed before?" was the first communication I had from Andrew on Genealogywise.  I replied to Andrew and we exchanged some files.

When Google Wave was in beta I was able to get some invitations, one of these I gave to Andrew who was keen on trying out this new product. Sadly Google Wave was'nt a success. I note, however that Andrew continues to be involved with a number of social networking sites.

Thanks, Andrew, for responding to my request for a GeniMates profile. I hope that it may lead to more connections with Kemps for you.









No formal studies - self trained in all areas

As a child I asked questions about my family and my grandparents were always elusive. Family rumor was of royalty in the past, so the spark was lit.

Began dabbling in family history amongst the family in early 90's, but when the internet started in Australia I decided to commence chasing ancestor's in earnest.




18+ years
 
No formal expertise, however have learned a number of tricks along the way which I use both myself and try to assist others.
 
Member of the Genealogical Society of Victoria (GSV)
Previously member of Australian Institute of Genealogists (AIGS) and Victorian Genealogists Using MicroComputers (VicGUM)


Scotland
Ireland
England

 
Conducting a one-name study of KEMP and related families
Also researching Westbrook, McErvale, Welsh, Dethridge, Ransom, Morey and Murphy

 
All of them - they all have a story to be told.

Scotland - feel it in my bones every time I hear the bagpipes or accent
Ireland - beautiful and there is a link there somewhere.

 
The Internet - so much out there now and so many other genealogists
 




I use and thoroughly recommend RootsMagic (www.rootsmagic.com)

Trial version available free on
www.rootsmagic.com





http://www.kempfamilyhistory.com

Ancestry, Facebook, GenealogyWise, Genes Reunited, Geni, MyHeritage , Twitter, WeRelate



Reading, Movies, Family
 
Family
 
Lord of the Rings
 
Help others as you would like them to help you

No comments:

Post a Comment