Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Double Dose

I make contact with Genimates via email, facebook, twitter or blogs and have only met a handful of them in the flesh. At today's meeting of The Hawkesbury Family History Group I hit the jackpot when  I came face to face with two of our GeniMates, Peter Stewart and Michelle Patient.

Peter is soon to conclude a three year term as President of the Campbelltown Family History Group but he will not be taking it easy.  As a Jurd descendant he is working on a history of  the family in preparation for their reunion in 2012.

Michelle, an Aussie who lives in New Zealand, had contacted me to say she would be in Australia for a while. We agreed to meet up at the GOONS talk at Hawkesbury after which we shared a long lunch with Robyn (whose last name I do not know). Michelle updated us on plans for the New Zealand Family History Fair that is to be held in Auckland in August 2011. While in Australia she is making contact with a number of speakers and companies who will be joining the fun at the fair.

I hope that, as I gad about, I come face to face with more of our GeniMates.

No comments:

Post a Comment